Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Floppy disk- ahh!!  (Read 3220 times)

Roxanne G.

Floppy disk- ahh!!
« on: November 09, 2004, 09:46:16 AM »
Okay, I was just given a floppy disk by my co-worker to get the resume off of. However, when I put it in the drive and clicked on the A drive to open it, it said that it wasn't formatted! Then, when I went to eject the disk it came out without the metal piece! How do I get it out?!? Thanks.

Joleen

Re: Floppy disk- ahh!!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »
Turn off your system and unplug it.  Get a pair of tweezers and dig deep.

Punga

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2004, 10:37:51 AM »
Be sure to use a flashlight and be careful..... I've ruined many floppy drives from doing that.

Floppy drives only cost a few bucks anyway just in case you break it

merlin_2

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2004, 01:00:23 PM »
shutdown the pc ..properly...unplug it form the mains power source....*caution time touch the case *then unscrew the screws holding the case take the case of...then unscrew the the floppy drive<four screws> then either slide the drive out and unscrew the top of it and remove the offending item) or  disconnect the power lead and ide  cable from the floppy drive and remove the floppy drive..now its out of the case...unscrew the top of it..<four screws> and revmove the metal strip> and just reverse the process of re-installing the floppy drive..
« Last Edit: November 09, 2004, 01:02:09 PM by merlin_2 »

Roxanne, G.

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2004, 01:17:25 PM »
Thanks everyone for your help. I got it out!! All I used was a large paperclip folded out to form a hock and hocked it onto the opening of the metal part.... and wala! It came out.

merlin_2

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2004, 01:25:46 PM »
Lucky > ;)sometimes the flap gets in the way on the drive...