Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to use a microsd card?  (Read 4548 times)

mylondoncalling

how to use a microsd card?
« on: July 15, 2007, 11:35:53 AM »
please help me out, i know absolutely nothing about computers and i have a few problems with my cell phone and micro sd card. i'd realllly appreciate it if anyone can answer any of these questions. thanks in advance!

1.) i, like the idiot i am, just recieved my sandisk microsd card in the mail. i went to kind of test it out and see how it went into the adapter, so i slid it in. now it wont come out. the switch on the side is up, away from the "lock" label, and i still dont know how to get it out of the adapter. its so small and i dont want to force it out.

2.) once i get it out, i'll probably need a microsd reader. there are different kinds from sandisk, which one is easiest to use?

3.) the purpose for me getting these things is for my phone, an LG cu500 cell phone from cingular. i want to put music from my laptop onto my cell, and get the videos/photos off my cell onto my laptop so i can upload onto youtube or whatever. if anyone can give me step by step instructions to do this so i don't cause anymore damage, that would be fantastic!

reaper_tbs

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Google
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: how to use a microsd card?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:43 AM »
i'm pretty sure you shoved it in the wrong way.
you do need an SD reader for SD cards. they are fairly cheap, and can usually be plugged into a usb port. apart from that, i don't know enough about them to recommend one, i myself would just go for whatever would work and last a decent amount of time, and doesn't cost me an arm and a leg.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 11:13:15 AM by reaper_tbs »
Computer Hope

If I don't reply, I'm probably out returning videotapes.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:11:16 AM »
    mylondoncalling........ I am attaching a image of the microsd card and the sd adapter.   Did you possibly put the micro card into the adapter the wrong way around?

You can pick up a sd card reader very cheap. Usually they will read other types as well. You should be able to find one for about $20.00 US or less.

dl65  ::)
    « Last Edit: July 19, 2007, 12:48:40 PM by dl65 »
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

mylondoncalling

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 10:53:45 AM »
    well i'm not sure what was the problem, but a friend got it out for me, thanks!
    now as for the card readers, i just ordered one. once i get it, is it easy to use from there?