Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: ***HELP NEEDED** "PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED" ISSUES  (Read 2367 times)

cloudavb

***HELP NEEDED** "PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED" ISSUES
« on: July 18, 2007, 04:32:48 PM »
OVERALLY .... I HAVE INTERNET CONNECTION BUT WHEN I GO TO LOG INTO MY HOTMAIL IT SHOWS THAT THE PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED...ALSO HAPPENS WHEN I GO TO YAHOO MAIL LOGIN....

CAN ANYONE POINT ME TO THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS......

The problem all started when a buddie of mine fudged up my computer trying to make it work faster with out my knowing... I don't know what he changed, but I can no longer log into anything that requires login and password. All I know is he uninstalled a toolbar and I installed Mozilla fire fox and that does not work either . As far as protection I have Nortons... need anymore info?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 05:03:11 PM by cloudavb »

Deerpark

Egghead
    Re: ***HELP NEEDED** "PAGE CAN NOT BE DISPLAYED" ISSUES
    « Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 04:46:50 PM »
    First of all, turn off caps lock. My eyes hurt from reading your post.

Second of all we need to know more about your system to help you. What version of windows you have and the name of your internet browser. Also when did your problem start and did you do or install anything prior to this happening.

Lastly what kind of protection do you have? I.e. the name of any anti-virus, anti-spyware or firewall installed.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 04:50:29 PM »
      cloudavb ........ First of all , there is no need to use upper case fonts...... The use of upper case implies shouting, so turn off your caps.

Now ....on to your issue.
      Is this something that just started ?
      Are you attempting to access your emails through Outlook Express by any chance ?
      What operating system are you using ?

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

cloudavb

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 04:55:15 PM »
      I have windows xp, I use Internet Explorer.

The problem all started when a buddie of mine fudged up my computer trying to make it work faster with out my knowing... I don't know what he changed, but I can no longer log into anything that requires login and password. All I know is he uninstalled a toolbar and I installed Mozilla fire fox and that does not work either . As far as protection I have Nortons... need anymore info?