Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Hard Drive Free Space  (Read 2470 times)

cdo

Topic Starter

Rookie

Hard Drive Free Space
    « on: July 21, 2007, 05:29:36 AM »
    In the process of trying to get a handle on high cpu temp. on my computer i downloaded , installed , and ran 4 different utility programs like PC Wizard 2007 , Driver Detective , Driver Scan and Speed Fan . My hd free space was 58 % BEFORE installing any of these programs . It now shows as 71 % . Am i missing something or has the computer fairy arrived ? ...

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Hard Drive Free Space
    « Reply #1 on: July 21, 2007, 09:19:01 AM »
    Where is your space info from ? ?
    What OS ? ?

The only program in your list i'm familiar with is speedfan...

DLoad and run Sequoia View for an accurate report of your HDD space.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

cdo

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2007, 05:04:41 PM »
      I am running XP SP 2 . Free space figure comes from xp disk frag. as well as stand alone utility from Toni - Arts . Might mention that i shut down machine after getting 71% free space reading . Woke this am booted up and now have 73 % free space ? Fine for me , just curious how this could be happening . I will run Sequoia to see what reading i get and report back . Thanks for the tip..

cdo

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:42:02 PM »
        Did download and run Sequoia View .. amazing utility. It verifies all the other utility ratings in regards to free hd space.. 71 - 73% range . Maybe i just pay homage to the computer gods that be and simply be happy.. :) Thanks for the utility reference though . I have learned more through this forum than through any book i might read on computers.. Keep up the great work group..

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 07:32:37 PM »
        Sequoia is fairly accurate so i would do as you said and thank the HDD fairies for your extra space all of a sudden and move on...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "