Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Lines and flashes of colour across monitor display  (Read 2960 times)

Irum765

Lines and flashes of colour across monitor display
« on: July 26, 2007, 09:27:31 AM »
Hi,
I have had a look around the rest of the website but can't seem to find any answers to my problem.  I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.  I have a Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.4GHz, 3.39 GHz, 1.00GB of RAM which I got from Mesh Computers Plc about three years ago.  My operating system is Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002, Service Pack 2.  My monitor is a Sony SDM S94B analogue/digital flat screen.  For some time now I get bands of colour (mainly blue) flashing across the screen, and often the whole screen will flash a yellowish colour for a second before going back to a normal colour.  Occassionally hours can pass without the monitor doing anything, and then suddenly it can start flashing colours again.  Sony have checked my monitor and told me that there is nothing wrong with it - any suggestions as to what I could do to resolve the situation?
Thanks very much.

beanhead07

Hopeful
    Re: Lines and flashes of colour across monitor display
    « Reply #1 on: July 26, 2007, 09:31:18 AM »
    Welcome to computer hope! The first thing I would do is try a different monitor to see if it does the same thing. If it doesn't then your monitor is bad. If it still does it with a new monitor it might be a bad video card. If you have a different monitor you can try, go ahead and swap and post back with the results. Hope it works!
    If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.

Irum765

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2007, 09:36:44 AM »
    Thanks for replying so quickly - I have tried another monitor before and it did the same thing.  I'm wondering now as well if it could be the monitor cable that's at fault.

Thanks again.

beanhead07

Hopeful
      « Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 09:40:30 AM »
      I thought about the monitor cable as well. I guess that would be fairly inexpensive to try and at least see if that helps unless you have an extra one lying around. If the cable doesn't work, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card and even take the video card out (if it's not an onboard one) and reseat it just to make sure the connection is good. And make sure there's no dust in it.
      If you hear beans rattling....... that means I'm thinking.