Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). (With Vista)  (Read 10645 times)

RyanBear

Alright so I'm using Windows Vista and everything has been working fine until about five hours ago. I brought my computer downstairs to chill and watch TV, and when I tried to start any program up besides windows programs (like solitaire, notepad etc.) I get this message:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click Ok to terminate the application.

Here is some other information I was able to get from one of the programs:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   game.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp:   418f8b9d
  Fault Module Name:   fmod.dll
  Fault Module Version:   3.7.4.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   417332c9
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00021820
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   70a6
  Additional Information 2:   128ee418a1ef63ba7071c06264eb909d
  Additional Information 3:   9510
  Additional Information 4:   1c9f1e587dc38bd55a85bd9d2367a5be

I can't figure out what to do. I'm very good with computers, able to hack and stuff like that, but I never do it on my home computer (this one). I've looked online, but it only has solutions for XP or for internet explorer problems, I prefer Firefox due to less weaknesses.
I've tried running them with compatibility mode, windows restore (which never seems to work for some unknown reason), looking through my registry, using CC Cleaner to find and fix registry problems,  run windows defender and McAfee virus scans, and chkdsk to see if my hard drive was fried. I'm pretty much out of ideas, I even tried Geek Squad haha, they just told me to pay stuff so I looked online and found this website, please help!

Other Info:
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Dimension DM061
Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 1.8Ghz
Ram: 1022Mb
32 bit OS

Richenstony

Alright so I'm using Windows Vista and everything has been working fine until about five hours ago. I brought my computer downstairs to chill and watch TV, and when I tried to start any program up besides windows programs (like solitaire, notepad etc.) I get this message:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click Ok to terminate the application.

Here is some other information I was able to get from one of the programs:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:   game.exe
  Application Version:   1.0.0.1
  Application Timestamp:   418f8b9d
  Fault Module Name:   fmod.dll
  Fault Module Version:   3.7.4.0
  Fault Module Timestamp:   417332c9
  Exception Code:   c0000005
  Exception Offset:   00021820
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1033
  Additional Information 1:   70a6
  Additional Information 2:   128ee418a1ef63ba7071c06264eb909d
  Additional Information 3:   9510
  Additional Information 4:   1c9f1e587dc38bd55a85bd9d2367a5be

I can't figure out what to do. I'm very good with computers, able to hack and stuff like that, but I never do it on my home computer (this one). I've looked online, but it only has solutions for XP or for internet explorer problems, I prefer Firefox due to less weaknesses.
I've tried running them with compatibility mode, windows restore (which never seems to work for some unknown reason), looking through my registry, using CC Cleaner to find and fix registry problems,  run windows defender and McAfee virus scans, and chkdsk to see if my hard drive was fried. I'm pretty much out of ideas, I even tried Geek Squad haha, they just told me to pay stuff so I looked online and found this website, please help!

Other Info:
Manufacturer: Dell
Model: Dimension DM061
Processor: Intel Core 2 CPU 1.8Ghz
Ram: 1022Mb
32 bit OS
hey there have a read of the link below :D

Tony

http://www.updatexp.com/0xC0000005.html

RyanBear

There's nothing on that website for Vista...

RyanBear

My internet explorer works fine, even though i don't use it. I'm getting really stressed about this, since i've been linked to that webiste before but it doesn't help me at all... The programs i'm trying to run are games like Fable or Oblivion, which have worked fine since i got the computer, like 2 months ago, but they suddenly just stopped working.

Richenstony

Im not being funny i am only trying to help......  :'(

:-\

RyanBear

I didn't mean to offend you, i'm just getting very stressed about this... sorry. I usually only use my computer for gaming and now that i can't play games... im pretty much screwed.

Richenstony

Oh i understand that... its ok .... have you tried searching the error code in windows vista main site and i did try finding something on vistas site but i got no results ... well noting that meets whats giving you this error maybe you could do a better search than i did ... have a good look round windows sites ... if that dont help you a more  experienced member of this site will help you sometime soon im sure....

RyanBear

Windows website didn't help me at all. This sucks though, i just got my computer like 2 months ago.

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Have you added a new firewall program recently ? ?
The stop error code you mentioned indicates this.

See Here

Note: This info applies to Vista even though it only mentions Windows Server Edition and XP...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "