Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: My monitor suddenly turn off with "NO SIGNAL"..."POWER SAVE..Pls Help  (Read 4116 times)

cuttie_pie

Dear Experts,

I was using the PC and suddenly, my monitor get turned off, but the light on power button changed the color from green to orange with dark on the monitor and there was "POWER SAVE"...and something said "NO SIGNAL..". Now, I cannot use my PC because I tried restarted the PC but still turned off...How to fix this problem? Can anyone help me for this..???

I am very appreciate for your helps..  :)

Thanks,

Natasha

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: My monitor suddenly turn off with "NO SIGNAL"..."POWER SAVE..Pls Help
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 08:49:05 PM »
Hello Natasha.

It's like foning your favorite car mechanic and telling him/her that your car won't start and asking what you can do...   His first question will be "Whats the make and model?"

So the first question about your monitor is "What's the make and model?"

This fault is 'generally' caused by damage to the connection cable, or incorrect plugging but may be caused by heat stress or a video card problem.  We could accept some details of your pc as well, the more info you supply the better chance of us being able to come up with a reasonably sane diagnosis..

Thanks.
One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

cuttie_pie

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 01:33:00 AM »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply. My motherboard is ASUS and the videocard is NVIDIA but I dont know the exact serial since the PC is turned off. However, the monitor is MINFO. The monitor is connected to Video Card. The video card include all components in the PC Case itself is more than 4 years old. What do you think?

Thanks,

Natasha :-\

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 09:12:35 AM »
At 4 years old it may be the vid card going bad.
Did it display any other weird symptoms prior to this such as strange lines and or colors ? ?
The best way to diagnose this would be to first hook up another monitor...if the other monitor does the same thing then it's probably the vid card failing.
Do you know anyone in your area you can borrow a vid card from ? ?
If so swap it in there to confirm the card is the problem...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "