Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Problem. Games playing too fast?  (Read 2572 times)

SuziiQ

Problem. Games playing too fast?
« on: August 09, 2007, 05:39:44 PM »
When I was playing games on my computer (sims 2, rollercoaster tycoon 3) the Gameplay was really Fast. Like when you speed it up in-game, But i couldn't change it. and yes i know how to do it in game. It only affects games. The only change i hae made to my pc was that it overheated alot when playing computer hogs like the sims so i put a desktop fan at the back of my pc. Dont know how it would affect my pc. But yea thats my problem Anybody think they can help?

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Problem. Games playing too fast?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 03:04:43 AM »
What are your computer's specs and OS?
Have you got the latest patches for the games?

SuziiQ

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 08:57:03 AM »
Yea i have all the latest patches.

uhm.Don't know all that much about computers. But its a fairly new computer. i'll just write what it says in basic information =]
AMD athlon 64 processor
3500+
632mhz 1.00GB ram

hope that helps at all?

lil_falco

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:53:45 PM »
If it starts going too fast hit Ctrl + Alt + Delete

Find the game in proccesses and then  right click it. Select "choose affinity" and uncheck one of the proccessors.

Basically your computer is using both processors for the same tasks the game appears to go twice as fast.

SuziiQ

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2007, 06:19:06 AM »
All that happens when i right click is. end processes, end processes tree and priority. Im not a multiproceser.