Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New Computer Not Detecting  (Read 4372 times)

solo

New Computer Not Detecting
« on: August 13, 2007, 09:46:36 PM »
Hey I just got a new computer. I built it myself so its all from scratch.

I guess the only important things you might need to know is that I have: Windows XP Pro, http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827151141http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131013

So the story I'll try to make it as clear as possible.

I put together the computer, turned it on, inserted XP. It installs XP but when it went to launch XP, my computer shut off due to the processor overheating. It was no big deal just my room is to hot for this computer I have, so I moved downstairs. Well I turn it on, the overheating problem is gone, and I find out that now it doesn't do anything. It goes to a black screen.

Being more detailed about whats happens when I turn on the pc. It loads and gives me the DEL for setup and TAB for bios message. Then it lists any Errors that happened. The error is:

(a sentence picking out my cd/dvd drive)
detect device done, no any drive found

then the screen is black and nothing happens.

So I went into the bios to double check, and sure enough my cd/dvd is there but its not being detected. Nothing is working I am totally lost as to going about finding my drive. I cannot do anything but enter the bios.

Any solutions would be welcomed ^_^. Thanks

obi1

Re: New Computer Not Detecting
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:25:00 AM »
I advice you to reintall your operating system. also make sure that your processor, fan and heat sink are install properly. And to check if cd or dvd rom is ok, remove it and boot your computer and if it persist, then do same with other hardwares. If possible start afresh eg partitioning, farmating and xp installation. Good lock

my email:     email removed to prevent the Spambots attacking...
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 04:46:08 PM by patio »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: New Computer Not Detecting
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 04:48:22 PM »
If the CD is listed in the BIOS then at least the system is detecting it.
You should be able to just put the XP CD in and re-boot and the startup procedure should start.
Then just re-install XP...
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "