Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Monitor light flashing; no video  (Read 3199 times)

andvruss

Monitor light flashing; no video
« on: August 23, 2007, 10:23:29 AM »
Ive tried almost everything now and Im at the point of despair.

When I start my computer up, I get only a flashing green monitor light. Thats it. Ive tried it on another monitor and it, being older, has a yellow light and says no signal. Ive tested my video card in another machine and its worked. Ive tested also my RAM in another machine, and I even bought a new motherboard today. Same problem. The last thing I can think of it being it the PSU, but that seems unlikely, because everything seems to be powered up fine, my fans and lights are running, and the PSU fans are too. Ive tried to boot up without power to my floppy, hard, and DVD drives with no success. Please help me! Ive had this computer for 2.5 years and I am running an 430 W Thermaltake PSU, A8N-SLI Deluxe (tried with a brand new SE too), 1.5 GB Samsung DDR RAM, 120 MB Seagate HD, AMD Athlon 3000+ Processor. I bought these all from NCIX btw. Help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

Ive just bought a new PSU and mobo, tried both, same problem. Ive had my RAM and Vid card tested in other computers and they work fine. Ive also tested on more than one monitor.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Monitor light flashing; no video
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 04:40:17 PM »
It seems you haven't tested your CPU in a known working computer.

(AMD Athlon 3000+ Processor)
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

andvruss

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:48:36 PM »
could that be the problem that the monitor isnt responding? My CPU worked fine for 2 years or so, so it does work with this configuration (in the past). I was just told (and looked up) that the problem could be either with the motherboard, the vid card, the monitor, or the psu, nothing about a cpu.

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 06:15:04 PM »
Strange things happen when a CPU overheats.

Have you tried cleaning the heatsink and CPU and applying
new thermal compound ,to see if it is still good ?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

transporter

Beginner

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 10:36:26 AM »
    Strange things happen when a CPU overheats.

Have you tried cleaning the heatsink and CPU and applying
    new thermal compound ,to see if it is still good ?

i have to agree test your cpu in another computer. or if you have an integrated monitor plug try it.
    i run 7 different screens with 7 different towers(SYNERGY)
    1. always test the ram
    2. switch graphics cards
    3. run your virus scans
    4. mix and match parts
    5. just because it was thrown out doesn't mean it's all bad
    somethings broken/They think it's slow(Reinstall windows)