Microsoft > Windows NT/2000

Mouse and keyboard doesn't work in 2000

(1/3) > >>

andyou:
Hi

Can anyone help?

I have just fitted a new motherboard gigabyte 7VM333m-RZ, AMD 2400+ Sempron and 512MB ram and a DVD writer to my system, but windows 2000 boots up and I am unable to use the mouse or keyboard in the windows environment. There is no cursor at all.

The keyboard work as I can use it to get into the bios and to set windows to go to safe mode but the same happens there.

I do get an error message which is

“Run Dll. Error loading c:\winnt\downloaded program files\ bridge.dll  The specified module could not be found.”  

Because the mouse or keyboard doesn’t work I can’t get rid of the message.

Also after this is finds new hard ware and then sticks on new hard ware screen, asking you to load drivers for the new DVD writer.

I hope this is enough info for someone to help me

Thanks
Andrew
:'(

Raptor:

--- Quote ---ut windows 2000 boots up and I am unable to use the mouse or keyboard in the windows environment. There is no cursor at all.
--- End quote ---

Did you correctly connect the flat ribbon cables that lead to the PS/2 ports?

Does the keyboard work before you load Windows? (IE, in the BIOS or during Windows setup)

andyou:
Windows was all ready on the hard drive and the PS2 connector are on the motherboard.

Thanks for you reply
Andrew

andyou:
sorry the keyboard works fine in dos I have read a knowladge base artical

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/257729/EN-US/

I don't have the file kbdhid.sys but I do have kbdclass.sys
One other thing is that I am using a different mouse and Keyboard than was setup before.

Andrew

Neil:
Try using somebody else's mouse?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version