Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: speakers suddenly with a high pitch  (Read 2334 times)

cloudiax

speakers suddenly with a high pitch
« on: August 26, 2007, 01:17:03 PM »
i have this problem that recently occurred. my speakers are blaring high pitch tones. whenever any sound comes out, it is accompanied by this high pitch tone. its pretty hard to explain. there might be something wrong with the sound card but i've tried re-installing it and it didnt work.

i happened when i restarted my pc after installing my scanner driver. i dont know what that has to do with the speakers but that is when it started.

im running a window xp sp2, 1.5g ram, intel 3.0 ht, sigmatel sound driver.

i hope someone can help me out. thanks so much.

rick.

mektek

Hopeful
  • Witty comment to be advised
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: speakers suddenly with a high pitch
    « Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 03:16:36 PM »
    Everything goes wrong at some time. It could be a coincidence or maybe not that the speakers started playing up around the time you installed your scanner.

The first thing i would check is that all the leads are securely plugged in.

The second thing i would do is move the new scanner as far away from the speakers as possible. It could be the scanner is giving off a low level electromagnetic field and causing interference with the speakers. Try turning off the power to the scanner altogether even and see what this does.

If this doesn't do it see if you can borrow a set of working speakers from someone to see if they give off a whining noise and try your speakers on their computer. This will tell you if it is your speakers or the sound card.
    Tiggered - adj : It's been tiggered
    A computer that was working until tinkering broke it

Loserkid

Re: speakers suddenly with a high pitch
    « Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 04:17:45 PM »
    maybe you have some software that can alter the pitch and give effects.. i used to have one. it may be doing it's thing and you don't even know it.