Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer won't send signal to screen, just beeps  (Read 7374 times)

Felix Wade

Computer won't send signal to screen, just beeps
« on: November 24, 2004, 07:35:25 AM »
I got a new comp. from my friend (Windows 98, 64 Mb RAM, 5.0xxGB HD) and I tried to install a modem I took from my old comp.,but the new oe didn't have the driver for it, or the old one that came with it. (actually I couldn't find the model I just know it hasan Intel chip on it) I then put it in and looked for a way to get a driver, that I couldn't find, then I disconnected the disk drive D:/ and put in my old HD (2GB) to get some files, which I did then i put the disk drive back and for ome reason i gave up on the modems took them out inspected them and then my comp wont send a display to the screen it just beeps in two different tones and then i have to unplug it to turn it off. I know i hooked everything up good and the screen works fine i even tried to reconnect the modems but it just beeps. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!! This is the only USABLE comp. I've had in a while!!!!!!!!!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: Computer won't send signal to screen, just bee
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2004, 08:53:13 AM »
The modem might now be compatible with your operating system. More information on your modem would be useful. Things like how old it is, and what kind it is, etc. This information could help us make a proper diagnosis.

[glb]Flame[/glb]

cjkgmgod

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2004, 12:43:01 AM »
Check your RAM and/or Video card to make sure you did not bump or tweak them out of place.

Felix Wade

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 07:58:50 AM »
I got these two lil' whit plastic things turned sideways apparently, cuz when i tok them off the comp. started working again.
Now all i gotta do is find a driver for my comp, but all i know is it has a lucent chip and it came from my win95 comp....and i think its 33.6kbps... but i'm not sure all the driver pages require a email that i don't have :'(