Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: IE 7 keeps bouncing back and won't connect  (Read 3891 times)

colalex

IE 7 keeps bouncing back and won't connect
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:46:31 PM »
OK I am baffled....IE 7 loads up ok but when I try to go to a different site....it will not load and if it does will bounce back to the original page when I try to hit a key or link on that new page....I have AOL 9 i think it is on here too and am using it to get to the web right now because IE won't work....I did recently clean off cookies and temp history.....but nothing else I know of.....I have no idea how to fix it....I did delete IE 7 and reload it off microsoft just a few minutes ago hoping that would fix it....but no....same problem....any ideas?
UPDATE:
I downloaded Firefox and the same thing happens. I get on ok and then go to a scondary page and when I hit something on that page or even try to scroll down the page it automatically jumps back to the first sign on page.....I can't get IE or Firefox to do anything but sign on....without popping back to the sign on page. HELP..... :'(
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:19:26 PM by colalex »

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: IE 7 keeps bouncing back and won't connect
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:49:46 PM »
What kind of connection do you have to the internet ? ?
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

colalex

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:49:27 AM »
it is a business level DSL line. And thanks for thinking this over...a new day same problem.....

mektek

Hopeful
  • Witty comment to be advised
    « Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 08:07:22 AM »
    Longshot - Do you have a programmable mouse or keyboard by any chance?
    Tiggered - adj : It's been tiggered
    A computer that was working until tinkering broke it

colalex

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 08:35:17 AM »
    no just a standard wireless mouse and I am on a laptop....oh by the way a few more oddities just discovered....in control panel I cannot open "administrative tools" I click it and it flashes open then goes back to control panel......also just did a system restore to about two weeks back when I was not having any problems.....but no help...still does same thing.....could it be a virus?.....why doesn't the problem occur in AOL.....could it be an AOL problem....some setting in AOL over riding IE.....this is nuts....

colalex

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:01:24 PM »
    OK now I am getting somewhere....IT IS THE STINKING MOUSE........when i use the built in mouse pad IE works fine....use the wireless mouse...boom it bounces back to the previous page......my low teach solution.....step one take my mouse into the parking lot and back over it with the ole SUV...mulitple times....step two... buy a new mouse.

Think that will slove it? Or is there something attacking the mouse that I will need to get rid of that will affect the new mouse....anyone run into this before? The other question is why is this the case only with IE and Firefox and not AOL? Humm...any insight would be helpful!

mektek

Hopeful
    • Witty comment to be advised
      « Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 01:04:14 PM »
      It is unlikely anything is attacking the mouse. It seems more likely the mouse is faulty and sending a slightly faulty signal that confuses some programs but others can just about translate it. It may also be the mouse port that is faulty. Is it USB or PS2?

The best way to see if a new mouse cures the problem is to get a new one. Borrow someone elses first if you want to check it out. Let us know what happens.
      Tiggered - adj : It's been tiggered
      A computer that was working until tinkering broke it

colalex

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 01:19:38 PM »
      ok well the new mouse (borrowed off another machine here) is working fine. Strange deal but thankfully it seems to be solved....thanks for all you who viewed and those who offered help....the thought is greatly appreciated!

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #8 on: September 05, 2007, 03:05:50 PM »
      my low teach solution.....step one take my mouse into the parking lot and back over it with the ole SUV...mulitple times...

This may not completely solve the problem here...i suggest soaking the small pieces in lighter fluid, igniting it and finish the job...

::)
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "