Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows XP Control Panel Question. Please Help.  (Read 3985 times)

lorddybion

Windows XP Control Panel Question. Please Help.
« on: September 06, 2007, 11:13:12 AM »
Hello. I have a question about the Windows XP Control Panel. A while back, I switched the Windows XP Display to the Windows Classic Display.

Display Properties > Appearance Tab > Windows and Buttons ( from Windows XP style to Windows Classic Style )

Now, I have changed it back to the XP theme. During that time, the control panel was in Classic mode as well. Now, I cannot remember how to change it back to the XP theme ( it is still somehow in classic view). Please help me, and thank you in advance.

P.S.
How do people take pictures of their desktop and where does that picture go?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 11:38:33 AM by lorddybion »

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: Windows XP Control Panel Question. Please Help.
    « Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 01:48:36 PM »
    First of all you can change the display of your control panel on the left hand side.  There should be something there to change it back.  I can't verify that 100% now because right now I'm on a vista machine...unfortunately.  As for taking a pic of your desktop.  All you have to do is hit printscreen, which is usually located right above the insert key.  This saves it to your clipboard.  Next open paint and paste it in there.  Save it as a JPEG image.  I hope that is what you meant by taking a picture of your desktop.

lorddybion

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 04:33:50 PM »
    Wow, the capture is 2.25MB  :o. How do I minimize it so I can attach it.

Also, there is nothing to the left or right of the window. It's as if you opened My Documents. It has a white background with thumbnails of Accessibility Options, Add  Hardware, ect.

programming_pat

Apprentice

• I like Rabbits and Guinea pigs
      « Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 04:51:35 PM »
      Try switching it back and then to winxp theme again while restarting your computer inbetween the setting changes

lorddybion

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 06:45:46 PM »
      I fixed the problem. I went to System in the Control Panel and fixed the Performance Settings in the Advanced Tab. Thanks guys.

@programming_pat
      I think that would have been harmful in some sort.  :-\

redeye

Rookie

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 09:58:11 AM »
        If you press alt + print screen, you will get a capture of only the active window. This will keep you from capturing the whole desktop.

To shrink the previously mentioned file, you could use winzip or winrar for compression.