Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Printer Install & Recognize Issue In Device Manager (Image Device)  (Read 2896 times)

biojoe

Printer Install & Recognize Issue In Device Manager (Image Device)
« on: September 09, 2007, 09:55:18 PM »
I'm having a printer installation issue.  I have Win XP and am trying to install a Canon MP830 All-in-one printer.  I've worked on this for weeks and usually 3 to 5 hrs. a day.  I had some help from computer gurus and still not fixed.  Basically, as soon as the power button on the printer is turned on and the printer is connected to the PC with the 2.0 USB cable the PC will lagg on any operation.  A friend recently told me to manually delete any old drivers that may be in the system.  This was the best approach so far because, I found a web page that explained how to delete possible other printer drivers in the PC.  I deleted the files and then downloaded and installed the driver from the Canon website which took longer than normal.  At least the drivers did load and in the Start... printers & Faxes the drivers were listed and in ready mode.  In Device manager the Canon Mp830 printer was listed under image device.  The printer worked fine!  I printed from word and the web with no problems.  As soon as I do a reboot the system will lag terribly if the printer is on and pluged into the USB.  I then have to shut down and leave the printer powered off so I can boot up the PC normally.  I have noticed when I did reboot and the printer is off and USB cable connected the system boots up perfectly but....In the Device Manager there is NO IMAGE DEVICE listed or my MP830 printer.  Can someone help me out with this issue please??  I will even except emails at @.net

EMail address removed to prevent Spam
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 10:06:47 PM by patio »

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Printer Install & Recognize Issue In Device Manager (Image Device)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 11:08:23 PM »
wow..weird..but are you sure that was the latest driver?have you try re-install the driver?

biojoe

Re: Printer Install & Recognize Issue In Device Manager (Image Device)
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 10:08:05 PM »
Yes I tried to reinstall the drivers about 10 times.  I believe this is a deeper problem than the drivers.  Currently the drivers are installed and listed in the printers and faxes box in windows.  It is not listed anywhere in Device Manager.