Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NO POST BEEP  (Read 2340 times)

Pwilsonscott

NO POST BEEP
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »
Hello.
I have been reading with interest some of the causes of a PC to fail to boot into windows, when the usual single POST BEEP is missing.
I have this problem, but what i cannot understand is why switching off the PC by holding in the silver button for a few seconds, then switching off the rocker switch on the back of the PC, leaving for a few seconds, and switching back on cures the problem every time - i.e the computer then boots into windows succesfully.
I am not sure whether to just keep performing this action or to look at the cause
( maybe a memory problem ). As yet i have not run a memory test programme.
My PC is a Microland Tech CB150 - Running Windows XP

Many Thanks

Paul

saint_hades

Intermediate

• She's nearly ready
    Re: NO POST BEEP
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
    try doing a C drive check.
    Go to my computer
    Right click Local Disk (or what ever you've called)
    choose the 'Tools' tab.
    then error-checking and check now.
    Restart your computer, and it will be done. May take some time thou so be patient   
    Computer Specs
    Motherboard - Nforce 780i xfx CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600  Hard drive - 120GB RAM - Geil DDR2 2GBx2 BLACK DRAGON Graphics Card - XFX 8800GTX PSU - Gigabyte 800w GT

GX1_Man

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »
    Your problem is electromechanical. It has nothing to do with memory oro hard drive. It is either a problem with the switch, the wiring or the power supply. Period.

Pwilsonscott

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
    Thanks.
    How do i fix it ?