Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: NO POST BEEP  (Read 1146 times)

Pwilsonscott

NO POST BEEP
« on: September 10, 2007, 08:16:03 AM »
Hello.
I have been reading with interest some of the causes of a PC to fail to boot into windows, when the usual single POST BEEP is missing.
I have this problem, but what i cannot understand is why switching off the PC by holding in the silver button for a few seconds, then switching off the rocker switch on the back of the PC, leaving for a few seconds, and switching back on cures the problem every time - i.e the computer then boots into windows succesfully.
I am not sure whether to just keep performing this action or to look at the cause
( maybe a memory problem ). As yet i have not run a memory test programme.
My PC is a Microland Tech CB150 - Running Windows XP

Many Thanks

Paul

saint_hades

Intermediate

• She's nearly ready
    Re: NO POST BEEP
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 02:10:33 PM »
    try doing a C drive check.
    Go to my computer
    Right click Local Disk (or what ever you've called)
    choose the 'Tools' tab.
    then error-checking and check now.
    Restart your computer, and it will be done. May take some time thou so be patient   
    Computer Specs
    Motherboard - Nforce 780i xfx CPU - Intel Core 2 Duo E6600  Hard drive - 120GB RAM - Geil DDR2 2GBx2 BLACK DRAGON Graphics Card - XFX 8800GTX PSU - Gigabyte 800w GT

GX1_Man

• Mastermind

• Because beige is beautiful !!!
      « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 04:09:35 PM »
      Your problem is electromechanical. It has nothing to do with memory oro hard drive. It is either a problem with the switch, the wiring or the power supply. Period.
      Please post as much information about your computer, operating system, and problem as possible, what happened prior to problems, etc. Too much info is OK, too little is pointless! Don't just say "My computer doesn't work. What's wrong?"

Pwilsonscott

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 08:58:25 AM »
      Thanks.
      How do i fix it ?