Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: cmos setup  (Read 1921 times)

carmen

cmos setup
« on: September 14, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »
I need your help. i try to install a new hdd, but  i had to take it out because the computer did not reconized it. when i try putting the old hdd back to the pc it giving me problems. i turn on the computer i get a message- hardware monitor found error enter power setup for ditail. f1-f2. but if i hit f1 it will boots and take me  to windows. the computer is working fine but it take me to the cmos setup everytime i load my pc. the os is windows xp

can someone help me

thanks

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: cmos setup
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 07:14:40 PM »
If it is taking you to setup each time you boot then either you made a change in the BIOS while in there that it does not like or there is a hardware issue...
Are both drives still connected ? ?
If so or not have you checked the jumpers and cable positions ? ?

One hard drive = Set as master and hooked to the end of the IDE cable...
2 HDD's            = One set as master cabled as above with the second set as slave and connected to the middle IDE connector...

Note: Some drives have a master/w slave present jumper setting which should be used if there is more than one hard drive connected.
Note #2: Most drives will have a diagram on there label as to how to set the jumpers.

Let us Know.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "