Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Program to backup cell phone text messages, etc. to laptop via Bluetooth?  (Read 4801 times)

Gabriel_Knight

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Chief Executive of Problem Acquisitions
    It is really important to me that I save the text messages on my phone (SonyEriccson w300i) to my computer. I am out of space on the phone and I don't want to delete them to make space. Like I said, they are very important to me and I want them for sentimental value. My laptop has bluetooth in it, so right now, I'm connected to my phone, but I'm trying to figure out some way to get them off my phone and onto the computer for safe keeping. If you need anymore info, let me know. Thanks in advance.

The Saviour

Re: Program to backup cell phone text messages, etc. to laptop via Bluetooth?
    « Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:49:41 PM »
    Did your phone come with any synching software?

If not...just do a Google search for free cell phone synching software that's compatile with your phone.

You might also want to visit a cell phone store to check pricing for that same type of software...compatible with your Sony...

Gabriel_Knight

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 01:42:31 AM »
      I've downloaded a couple of programs now, but none of them have worked yet. Even programs that say that my phone is supported, I can never seem to get my phone discovered by them. My laptop Bluetooth discovery program finds the phone with no problem. None of the programs can find it though.  :-\

Gabriel_Knight

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 09:10:49 PM »
         :'(

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: September 18, 2007, 05:10:50 PM »
        I've downloaded a couple of programs now, but none of them have worked yet. Even programs that say that my phone is supported, I can never seem to get my phone discovered by them. My laptop Bluetooth discovery program finds the phone with no problem. None of the programs can find it though.  :-\

Did the phone ship with a driver/software disk ? ?
        Is it recognised in My Computer or Device Manager when plugged in ? ?
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "