Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: LCD monitor problem  (Read 2638 times)

artistbw

LCD monitor problem
« on: September 17, 2007, 10:27:20 AM »
I have a ic LCD monitor connected to a Mac Pro. I turned on my computer one day and the monitor stays black, (the day before it worked fine) the power light switches about every second back and forth from green to yellow and continues until I shut off the power. I tried just turning on the monitor without being connected to the computer, and it still does it. The monitor is only about a year old. Any ideas?
Thanks

kbm292

Intermediate

Re: LCD monitor problem
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:33 AM »
    If you can try the monitor in a different location with a different computer.  Make sure it's plugged into a different power outlet.  Does it do the same thing?

artistbw

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 03:20:42 PM »
    It doesn't matter what outlet or what computer I plug it up to, it does the same thing.

deep

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
      The monitor is bad, if you have warranty take it back.  But I can guarentee its shot.

Deerpark

Egghead
        « Reply #4 on: September 19, 2007, 03:29:08 PM »
        I have to agree with deep, sounds like it's gone to monitor heaven.
        Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
        Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

deep

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »
          Try hitting it with a hammer and then duct taping it back together.  Hammers and duct tape solve all problems, if not, drink an ice cold brew, that always makes me fell better

artistbw

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 05:51:49 PM »
          Well, if the stupid thing is shot, I might as well drink some brews while hitting it with a hammer and check out what's inside. The heck with the duct tape. I guess that'll teach me not to buy a monitor from Wal-Mart!