Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How difficult is it to replace my hard drive???  (Read 2361 times)

MomNEEDShelp

Topic Starter

Hopeful

How difficult is it to replace my hard drive???
    « on: September 18, 2007, 05:25:09 PM »
    I think if I replace my Hard Drive, I will have less problems. (My HD is full)

Anyway, I found some diagrams on google searches which show how to change a HD. It does not look difficult even though I have no clue whatsoever about the inside of a tower.  Does anyone know of a super simple diagram? I called Sony and was told to get a 200GB or better but NOT a SATA.

One more thing...Once I change it, do I just load the XP Recovery discs? Will everything just load itself???

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
      • Obituary
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: How difficult is it to replace my hard drive???
    « Reply #1 on: September 18, 2007, 06:17:30 PM »
    This is one of the better online guides.

---->GoHere
    Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Dusty

Egghead

• I could if she would, but she won't so I don't.
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: September 18, 2007, 09:13:41 PM »
    If you can install the new hard drive as a Slave you don't have to reinstall your operating system or programs.   You could move existing data files to the new hard drive to free up space on your C: drive.

One good deed is worth more than a year of good intentions.

worf51

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »
    This is one of the better online guides.

---->GoHere
    [/hi street1, the website that you listed is great for me as i have always wanted to learn to replace parts in my pcquote]thanks a lot.. ;D