Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my game won't install  (Read 6565 times)

Braedan Ward

my game won't install
« on: December 02, 2004, 01:29:55 PM »
When i tell the game to install it starts, gets past the install shield but the screen just stays the way it is after that.IT WILL NOT GO ANY FURTHER!!!
It just refuses to install and i don't know what to do!
HELP ME!!!!!!

Corrosive

Re: my game won't install
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 02:10:34 PM »
Firstly, I don't think that voice activation is enabled by default on most machines, so try using the keyboard and mouse to enter commands rather than shouting at the computer.

Secondly, you haven't told us what game it is. Find out and while you're at it, tell us what OS you are using. Then post both bits of information here or, better yet, search Google yourself to see if anyone else is having this problem

Have a nice day.

Raptor

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 02:11:33 PM »
When i tell the game to install it starts, gets past the install shield but the screen just stays the way it is after that.IT WILL NOT GO ANY FURTHER!!!
It just refuses to install and i don't know what to do!
HELP ME!!!!!!

Are you talking about the game where you have to do a certain thing in order to complete something else?

If yes, what you are experiencing now is completely normal.
Thank you for posting and come again.

hilkina

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 02:44:12 PM »
The game is "Lords of magic" and i don't know what an OS is.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 05:58:52 PM »
An OS is an operating system (XP, ME, 2000, etc.) Check the box that the game came in, and make sure that it is compatible with your computer. That's a start. Let us know what happens.....

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Braedan Ward

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2004, 06:44:45 PM »
It says windows Me/98/95/2000 and i have xp.
I already tried the compatability wizard but it still doesn't get any farther than the install shield.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2004, 07:17:27 PM »
There's your problem. Ordinarily, XP will work with games like that, becuase it is based off of 3 other Winodws operating systems, but that does not mean that all games will be that way..... You're out of luck man. You're better off just takin the game back. Sorry I couldn't help you more then I did. :( (From now on, make sure that windows XP is on the system requirements list)

[glb]Flame[/glb]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 07:17:59 PM by flame »

merlin_2

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2004, 02:22:34 AM »
is should run on your pc>http://gr.bolt.com/download/pc/strategy/lords_of_magic_special.htm  check the disk is not scratched or damaged...clean it and clean the cdrom drive<lens cleaner>now....load it ..if it fails to load take it out of the drive and twist it a quarter of a turn and replace it back in the drive........or load the disk..right click on the cdrom drive icon and chose explore....somewhere in there is   setup/ or an icon of the game click that.....
« Last Edit: December 04, 2004, 02:26:33 AM by merlin_2 »