Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer freezes + fan restarts  (Read 2845 times)

merrygoround

Topic Starter

Beginner

computer freezes + fan restarts
    « on: October 03, 2007, 08:08:47 PM »
    ever since i recovered my pc, my computer began to freeze every 5 to 10 minutes. each time it freezes for one second or more. it comes back normal again and have my fan restart running as if i had just turned on my computer. Like the fan is running all over again. its really weird, it keeps on doing that even if i dont do anything . it gets worse when i watch something online. when i do, the freezes more, comes back normal and the fan buzzes extra loud.. what is wrong?!

Spero-T

Re: computer freezes + fan restarts
    « Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 04:38:46 AM »
    Fans are blocked i thinks

You'll need your trusty can of compressed air. Start by powering down your PC, removing the case lid, and locating the various fans. Starting with the power supply, blow through the internal slits from inside the chassis, aiming so dust will exit the back.

Next, blow into the intake fan (if there is one) to push more dust out the back. Finally, blow the blades of the rear exhaust fan clean. If possible, aim just beneath the center, where the motor meets the fan assembly, and blast again. Repeat the process for each fan, keeping the can upright at all times.

Now restart your PC, and while the fans are spinning, spray them once more--very briefly--to really send the dust flying.

Lateef

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 07:11:35 AM »
    if after you try what spero-T advise u to do and the problem is still the same, i will advise you to try and change the cooling fan of the processor completely because when the processor is working , it generate alot of heat and need the cooling fan to always cool it.

so if there is a problem with such cooling fan, your computer will be working abnormally.

merrygoround

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 04:23:20 PM »
      so theres nothing wrong with my hard drive? cas it freezes a lot. there are also time when it stops freezing, theres a small beep from back of the pc

Spero-T

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 02:48:38 AM »
      so theres nothing wrong with my hard drive? cas it freezes a lot. there are also time when it stops freezing, theres a small beep from back of the pc

I doubt its your hard drive, and as for the beeps, i think its just an over heating issue....

Check you ram and video card are seated properly as well...;)

To check beeps go here
      http://www.computerhope.com/beep.htm

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 01:28:19 PM »
      Now restart your PC, and while the fans are spinning, spray them once more--very briefly--to really send the dust flying.

I would advise skipping this step...you risk ruining a fan.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "