Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSoD-computer won't turn on!!  (Read 2839 times)

devinleigh

BSoD-computer won't turn on!!
« on: October 05, 2007, 03:49:12 PM »
the "blue screen of death" keeps coming up on my laptop and i don't know what to do! the first time i just restarted it and then it came up again, so i turned it off and waited awhile to come back on it. then when i came back i went into the safe mode to figure it out, and it still didn't work. there are three different types of safe modes i can choose from, and i did all three but the blue screen still came up. i then just went on it normally again and the screen just keeps appearing!! all of this was over about a 3-day period. what should i do?? i guess take it somewhere...?

Computer Hope Admin

• Administrator

• Prodigy

• Yes
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • Computer Hope
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
Re: BSoD-computer won't turn on!!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 04:16:09 PM »
If your computer is not able to get into safe mode it's a good indication of a serious issue, often a software corruption or other hardware issue. If any new hardware has been added try removing it as mentioned in the below document, otherwise I'd suggest erasing the hard disk drive and starting over.

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000750.htm
Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.
-Albert Einstein

street1 (RIP)

• R.I.P.

• Egghead

• I Triple Dog Dare You!!! LOL
    • Obituary
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 06:04:37 PM »
The only thing I can add to our administrators reply is, do
you have a restore disk?
Sorry,The USA has ruined the language The United Kingdom loaned us. We do our best not to type gibberish. I Hope you can forgive us.

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:30:46 PM »
Also, what's your OS, and what do those BSOD say?

spiderlucci

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:32:21 PM »
what BSOD error are you having and are you having the same errors?
also, if you login safe mode and your still getting this BSOD... this could be a hardware issue going on here. Check your RAM  www.docmemory.com

have you or a friend open up your pc and check all your cable connection make sure everything is connected right! "make sure all your fans power supply, CPUfan, ect is working"... clean out the dust in your pc

spider  : 8)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:50:03 PM by spiderlucci »