Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Can't view Internet pages after Internet Explorer 7 updates.....  (Read 4282 times)

TheAverageJoe

I a Dell Inspiron E1505. Just recently, I upgraded to Internet Explorer 7. After IE7 automatically downloaded some upgrades several days later, I have been unable to view windows...

Here's the kicker...I can get online, but every site I go to, I'm "unable to view the page". There's the typical blurb about how to check and fix, then at the bottom it says "cannot find sever DNS error..."

The strange thing is, I can use my IM and can see that I am clearly connected to the internet. I just can't view internet pages.

I've talked to DEll, and because my 30 day warrantee has run out, it will cost $250 to get support.

I've also reset my defaults and removed IE7.
I've tryed loading Foxfire, but it does the same thing.
The computer won't let me retrieve from a prior date because to many down loads have been done.

Because of these IE7 updates, I think something has been altered in my computer programming that won't let me view internet pages.

Can someone help?! 

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Can't view Internet pages after Internet Explorer 7 updates.....
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 12:48:08 PM »
I believe, you double posted. I gave you some advice in some other thread.. :-X

TheAverageJoe

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 02:07:08 PM »
I believe, you double posted. I gave you some advice in some other thread.. :-X

Not really. The other guy with the same problem wasn't as thorogh with his topic as I was.

I found his post by shear stroke of luck and a reaaly good guess. ;D

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 02:40:55 PM »