Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: keyboard problems pls help me  (Read 2568 times)

MikeCY

keyboard problems pls help me
« on: October 21, 2007, 01:49:09 PM »
hey guys i want to ask u for help
i bought a new pc recently and the motherboard doesnt have ps2 ports so i went and bought a microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse set. the mouse end is usb but the keyboard end is ps2 so i bought a cable that has two ps2 ends on one side becoming a usb, onto which i connected the keyboard and mouse. however i have this problem where when i press one button, then press a second one together and then depress the second button keeping the first button pressed it doesnt work. for example while playing a game i press w to move forward and then w and a to go forward and left. then when i depress a to just go forward, i stop moving. i tried it in microsoft word and with other games, even tried another keyboard and connected it to that cable, even replaced the cable with a new one and the problem still persists. can anyone pls help me??

MikeCY

Re: keyboard problems pls help me
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 01:16:35 PM »
anyone?

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »
I don't understand:
i bought a cable that has two ps2 ends on one side becoming a usb, onto which i connected the keyboard and mouse
Since your mouse, and a keyboard are wireless, you are talking about receiver cables, right?
I assume USB end connects to your computer. One PS2 jack is taken by your keyboard cable. Where do you connect mouse cable, which is USB?

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2007, 10:56:26 PM »
As they are two different I/O devices it probably will never work properly on a splitter.

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2007, 05:14:02 PM »
I had same doubts myself, but I checked, and:

Link Edit

« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 08:14:23 AM by patio »

stasik

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »
A) If they are wireless then they should have a shared receiver that will have a usb connector and a PS/2 connector. If that is the case, connect only the usb connector and both should work. I have a Logitech wireless combo that works only with USB even though they have a PS/2 connector....

The PS/2 connector is only for people who dont have a free usb port. In that case you need both the PS/2 end connected AND the USB end connected through a PS/2 adapter (usually provided)....

B) Let me get this straight. If you push and hold A, then push and hold B, then release B, your A doesn't auto repeat??? Cuz thats what always happens anyway...
like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbbbb bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb (now I depressed B, but A doesnt continue autorepeat....)
This is common in word processos, but shouldn't be in games. Try the config above, see if it helps. If not, maybe you need MS's drivers??? If not, try another game!!

Hope this helps!

Cheers

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2007, 08:16:51 AM »
I understand the splitters exist...but they aren't capable of transmitting 2 signals at once which is what he is trying to do Keyboard and Mouse command at the same time.
It won't work,
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "