Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Microsoft Publisher 2007  (Read 2639 times)

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
    Microsoft Publisher 2007
    « on: October 29, 2007, 02:24:01 PM »
    I am trying to publish a catalogue in Publisher 2007. How do I insert page numbers in my catalogue, beginning on page#3, AS Page #1 and continuing consequetively to the end (Page #58). Why you ask? Because there is a cover, which should not be numbered and the inside cover also not to be numbered. So paging would BEGIN with page #3.

Peter

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Microsoft Publisher 2007
    « Reply #1 on: October 29, 2007, 03:31:44 PM »
    I'm not very familiar with Publisher and the version I have is 2003.  But, by default, the number is not printed on the cover page, is it?  And, I just discovered, while looking at one of the catalog templates in Publisher, that the page numbers on pages following the cover are deletable objects.  I can just click on the page number, causing a Text box border/control tool to appear, and then hit Delete.  That removes that object; this can be applied to only the page immediately following the Cover page, and the remaining pages can be left alone. 

Does that all seem to apply to Publisher 2007?

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: October 29, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »
      The key issue I'm having is getting the third page to begin the numbering process as Page #1, followed by the fourth page numbered as Page #2, the fifth page numbered as Page #5, etc, etc.

Peter

soybean

Genius
      • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Experienced
      « Reply #3 on: October 29, 2007, 04:49:16 PM »
      Sorry, I don't know how you can do that.  I can't find a way to do it in Pub. 2003, after searching the Help topics.

wildwood

Topic Starter

Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: October 29, 2007, 05:49:32 PM »
        Soybean thanks for trying!!!!

Peter