Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Is there any way to limit internet access by time of day w/ Server 2003?  (Read 3807 times)

tirechick

I am a computer teacher at an elementary school.  Since a lot of students try to sneak onto the internet when they shouldn't be, I would like to disable internet access for student accounts during certain times of the day.  I know that Server 2003 can be used to control access to applications, but can it be set to certain times of the day?    For instance, can it be set so that either the student group or individual organizational units can't access the internet from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm but have access at all other times?

Thank you!

tommy gusack

Intermediate
    Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.

soybean

Genius
    • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Is there any way to limit internet access by time of day w/ Server 2003?
    « Reply #2 on: October 30, 2007, 01:10:27 PM »
    Try this:
    http://www.computerhope.com/disable.htm

How is that going to help set Server 2003 so that either the student group or individual organizational units can't access the internet from 8:30 am - 2:00 pm but have access at all other times?  I don't think that reference is the solution here.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: Is there any way to limit internet access by time of day w/ Server 2003?
    « Reply #3 on: October 30, 2007, 05:45:34 PM »
    This Page mentions it if the IIS service which is an addon is installed.
    It is towards the bottom of the page under URL Management rules.
    Seems you can choose time of day and or day of week but it kinda glosses over the how to's.
    Perhaps they provide more info on subsequent pages.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "