Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Scrollbars and text boxes are gone.  (Read 2999 times)

stacyffl

Scrollbars and text boxes are gone.
« on: October 30, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
I have two things that are messed up right now..

One, all the scrollbars on the internet are gone. There's grey where they should be. I can still scroll, I have the scrolly thing on my mouse, and I can do it if i click where the scroller should be and drag it down. I have msn, if that helps.

Also, most text boxes on the internet are gone. Its just blank where they should be. Some are there, like here, but on yahoo, myspace, and others they're gone. I tried deleting my temporary internet files to see if the cache was messed up, but its still gone.

Help please!

catlover1401

Re: missing features on screen.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2007, 06:56:34 PM »
I don't like to ask a question with a question, but, are there any words in the "gray area" at the top of your screen? If so, check out the word 'Tools". If you don't have any words, I'd try going back to the basics. Get off the net, and reboot your computer- turn it off and on. Then, go "Start" - "Control Panel" and see "System Tools". Click on that and see if that helps.
If it were me,I'd go "Start"-"Run"- type in the word "defrag"and let it clean out your harddrive. Click on the "Legends" and see how cluttered your harddrive is. That's what I'd do to each drive in my computer. I do this monthly to mine just to keep it running smoothly. I hope this helps, and good luck. 

tommy gusack

Intermediate
    Re: Scrollbars and text boxes are gone.
    « Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 11:12:15 AM »
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Scrollbar_gone
    hope it help a tiny little bit
    Theres always.....always something to grab a hold on.