Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Add new hardware wizard - Microsoft XP  (Read 2940 times)

skeogh82

Add new hardware wizard - Microsoft XP
« on: October 31, 2007, 02:46:50 PM »
Hi,

New to the forum and hoping I am posting in the right section - if Im not im sorry - just tell me where I need to go..
I recently bought a new samsung phone which provides a usb lead to connect to your pc. I installed the software ok but when it came to install the driver the add new hardware wizard told me that it couldn't do it and that the data was invalid. Now I tried both using the cd provided and downloaded the driver from the samsung website and neither worked. Installed and uninstalled several times to no avail. Eventually decided that it must be a problem with samsung so I bought a bluetooth dongle instead. Today I installed the software ok but again when it came to installing the driver again I got the same message that there was a problem installing the hardware and that the data was invalid. I have spent about 6 hours trying to figure it out and I just can't. I rang dell and they were no help whatsoever. The only conclusion I can come to is that the add new hardware wizard is corrupt and i need to get it fixed. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks... Siobhan