Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sound stops working shortly after installing sound card after system restore...  (Read 2928 times)

dhowe

I recently did a full system restore on my Windows XP Desktop. I connected to the internet and got all of the latest drivers for my hardware. Initially my sound worked fine but then after a little while it just stopped working. I have a Soundblaster Audigy Gamer card. I have checked all the audio settings and it is not muted. The device manager says the device is working properly. I don't know what to do. I uninstalled the card and reinstalled after rebooting and it worked again for a while but has since stopped working again. I have tried several different programs to play the audio also. Never had a problem in the 5 years of operation prior to the restore. Please help. Thanks.

ale52

Expert

• Deo Gratis
    • Experience: Expert
    Do you have the old drivers for the sound card?  Try installing them.

Alan <><  :D
    I have principles.  And if you don't like them...well...I have other principles!!

dhowe

No I do not. I have looked everywhere for my original CD and have looked online.