Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: 16 bit windows subsystem not suitable... huh???  (Read 2963 times)

Cassie

16 bit windows subsystem not suitable... huh???
« on: December 15, 2004, 07:35:48 PM »
Hi there... I know next to nothing about computers... There's what I assume to be an error message that keeps popping up on my screen that reads "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows aplications. Choose 'Close' to terminate the application." When I hit "close", the message goes away for maybe 10 or 20 seconds, and if I hit "ignore" the same thing happens... this doesn't seem to be getting in the way at all... except the error message can't be put into the background... I just have to drag it off the screen and leave it... any suggestions would be appreciated.

merlin_2

Re: 16 bit windows subsystem not suitable... huh??
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 01:44:32 AM »
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324767

<http://www.computerhope.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=2;action=display;num=1103164623>> as above!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2004, 01:46:05 AM by merlin_2 »

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 09:01:38 AM »
Cassie, merlin gave you the correct website, but I just wanted to say that in the instructions, when it asks for the "CD" It wants your Windows Full edition CD.... (I had the same problem not long ago)

[glb]Flame[/glb]

mtba85

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 07:06:23 PM »
it come out because your autoexec.nt at c:\windows\system32 is missing ......you can replace it from another friend or you can find it at c:\windows\repair ....you just copy it and paste it in c:\windows\system32 then the problem solve

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
Just use the Windows XP CD.... Otherwise the instructions that Merlin gave you are useless...

[glb]Flame[/glb]