Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Screen stucks at "Loading your personal settings". HELP please!!!  (Read 3311 times)

eisha

Topic Starter

Rookie

My laptop is able to boot up normally. But when I want to log in to my account, it stucks at "Loading your personal settings" screen. I waited for quite sometime but it is still stuck there and my profile is not uploaded. I tried many times. But discovered I am able to log in to administrator account and use it without problems. I had even done a system restore but it does not solve the problem. It was working fine till now. I had this problem before and had to reformat it. But I do not want to. Is there any way to solve this problem? Please help. I really need to access to this account. ???

nickc1976

Intermediate

Re: Screen stucks at "Loading your personal settings". HELP please!!!
      « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 09:02:37 AM »
      If you can log in to the administrator account then you should be able to resolve this.

C:\Documents and Settings\your.username
      Select Tools > Folder Options > View
      Select "Show hidden files and folders"

This folder contains all the information relating to your account. For the time being, you can access files this way.

To resolve the problem, I would try renaming the folders in C:\Documents and Settings\your.username one at a time. Then log off, and try logging on again.

eg. Rename "Application Data" to "Application Data Old"

Log off administrator

Log on as your.username

If this fails

Log on as administrator

Rename "C:\Documents and Settings\your.username\application data old" back to C:\Documents and Settings\your.username\application data

Repeat this process for each folder.
      http://www.pc-citadel.com - PC and Laptop repairs upgrades and customization

eisha

Topic Starter

Rookie

Re: Screen stucks at "Loading your personal settings". HELP please!!!
        « Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 10:49:49 PM »
        ohok. That's very tedious. But I will give it a try. Thanks.