Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Stuttering sounds from speakers and just a laggy feel  (Read 2219 times)

Shredder944

Stuttering sounds from speakers and just a laggy feel
« on: November 09, 2007, 10:08:09 PM »
Hi, I've encountered a really strange prob with my comp and not sure what is wrong. It is something that suddenly started, I didn't add any new hardware or software. My computer is a Dell Dimension 4550 with a Pentium 4 and 1 Gig of RAM. I have a Sound Blaster Live! sound card.

My problem that started is the sound and video get "laggy". It "hiccups" now and then, and whenever its loading, the sound/music will play faster. I hear some staticy noises during the hiccups and the sounds will only play faster during those hiccups, then return to normal. It does this when I play songs from the hard drive, play games, or play videos on Youtube.

Another thing is when it gets worse, the videos will fully load from youtube, yet it will only play about 2 seconds and just stop, then I move the slider forward and it will play for the 2 seconds again. And when it is even worse (more heated possibly?) I won't even get any sound at all.

I've ran McAfee, Spybot Search and Destroy, AdAware, Stinger, and Windows Defender and they all came up totally clean.

Since its a problem that recently just developed, I'm wondering if I'm having a hardware piece go bad. I never had these problems before. I would think it was the sound card going bad, but why would video lag as well if it was? Could it be the Hard Drive or motherboard or CPU? Any ideas on how to diagnose it? I'm not getting any error messages at all.

Please help if you can, let me know if you need any more info that I missed.