Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC will automatically turn on  (Read 11875 times)

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
PC will automatically turn on
« on: November 13, 2007, 10:41:43 PM »
Yesterday, my computer just fine then between 10 to 20 minutes somethings like "BOOM" inside my system unit. So everything went down. When I pressed the power button it won't turn ON anymore. So I suspected that the problem is the PSU. I replaced PSU using my Dad's PSU just to diagnose if it's the PSU is the culprit. So when I plugged it on my computer will automatically turn on. So what's going on with my computer?

Please help me with my problem...
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 11:59:23 PM by SHENGTON »

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

Re: PC will automatically turn on
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 11:18:02 PM »
When I plugged it on the outlet the PSU fan and Processor fan both are spinning too.

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 11:31:09 PM »
My Dad's PSU don't have yong parang switch at the back of the PSU where you can switch to 115V and 230V. While my PSU (which is already dead) have.

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 11:43:31 PM »
    In regards to the first post:
    Some motherboards are set to automatically turn back on after system failure. Likely, your PSU blew up, then the replacement was a working PSU so it automatically booted up.

In regards to the second post:
    Having a spinning fan on the PSU and CPU are usually good signs when the computer is on...

In regards to your last post:
    That switch's existence shouldn't be an issue if the PSU is working

-Stephen

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 12:00:15 AM »
    In regards to the first post:
    Some motherboards are set to automatically turn back on after system failure. Likely, your PSU blew up, then the replacement was a working PSU so it automatically booted up.

So what will I suppose to do sir?

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
    « Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 01:35:12 AM »
    make sure the psu you have and install suitable to handle your current hardware, or it gonna blow again.Use a psu calc to calc your psu usage.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 01:35:43 AM »
      My advice is to go into your BIOS settings, and search for something along the lines of "Auto Power On After Failure" or "Auto Boot After Power Failure" and turn that to off, as opposed to on. This should solve the automatic booting problem (if that's what the problem was from the start). Let me know if that helps.

-Stephen

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 01:38:02 AM »
      When i plug it to the outlet, the computer starts and also processor fan and PSU fan start spinning but no display on the monitor.

kuszmania9999

Adviser

• citizenship
      « Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 01:43:19 AM »
      are you using any graphic card?re-seat it and check for any loose cables.

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2007, 01:52:44 AM »
        And also check that maybe you didn't have a power surge initially, which would've caused the monitor to blow as well (and would explain the PSU explosion).

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2007, 02:04:07 AM »
        My videocard is built-in sir...I'll check the PSU and post back for the result.

phoenix910

Hopeful

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 02:17:35 AM »
          Try another monitor also in the meantime. Is it CRT of LCD? And is it DVI or VGA?

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2007, 06:20:01 AM »
          Update:

I tried other monitor but no avail. When I plug it on, the computer automatically start but no display. Just notice, the red led or the power button will only light. But the green led won't function anymore. What do you think is the problem?

Exploding_Hemmorhoids

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2007, 07:47:57 AM »
          Justin...

Have you tried checking for the answer at the same post you made at GeeksToGo:  Here

...or if that didn't work...why not check the thread at your own forum, located here.

Why don't you guys view this member's profile and look at some of the questions he has posted?  Are you guys blind?  All this guy is looking for is answers to his questions so he can use them at his own forums:  http://www.pcforums.yjobz.com.

BTW...in case anyone is wondering...I'm just looking out for the welfare of this forum.  Why?  Isn't that what we should do?  I'm surprised the Moderators or the Admin haven't done something about this guy...I'm not flaming them...but I have notified them...and this guy is allowed to keep posting questions.

You can go ahead and remove my post...but in the meantime...I'd instruct your users to leave this guy alone...to solve his own problems.

Just in case you're still wondering...the name is "Saviour".  I could care less about this guy...and whoever's in charge...if you want to delete my account from what this user said in the following post...go ahead...that's your decision.
          « Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 08:17:42 AM by Exploding_Hemmorhoids »

SHENGTON

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2007, 07:59:33 AM »
          Ok what the h**l who you are...This is my problem ok and I'm not using this forum to post it on the other forum just to have an answer. That's why I'm posting it to the other forum because I really really need help. Can't you see that?...You're totally fool...Please Admins and Mods kick this man out from this forum.