Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Something is terribly wrong with my Internet  (Read 3277 times)

aces67

Topic Starter

Intermediate
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    Something is terribly wrong with my Internet
    « on: November 22, 2007, 07:04:58 PM »
    This is kind of long but I'm so confused and can't completely fix my PC. I have a Compaq Presario with WIndows XP service pack 2, Celeron 2.8 Ghz CPu and 760 MB RAM. Recently I started out of the blue having trouble with IE. No matter what I did It would not let me log on to secure sites anymore. I downloaded Firefox and it worked better but wouldn't let me on certain sites so I reformatted and put things back like they came.

That worked great except IE kept giving me error messages on Ebay and shutting down completely so I upgraded to IE 7.0. That worked fine for a day and then slowed down to a snail's pace. When it slowed down I downloaded FIrefox but it was the same way. I ran Ad Aware and Spybot and removed some things and that made it faster but it's still not up to regular speed. I don't know if a  virus would cause this or what.

I have Wildblue Satellite Internet and my modem shows that everything's working fine. So do you think I have a virus, some malware or is my IE Software messed up??

Thanks for any help!!!

Amanda

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Something is terribly wrong with my Internet
    « Reply #1 on: November 22, 2007, 10:15:41 PM »
    Download HijackThis:
    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/hijackthis.html
    and post its log at Computer Viruses and Spyware forum.