Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: deleting a a file, or deleting user account?  (Read 3986 times)

confusedandhowso

Topic Starter

Rookie

deleting a a file, or deleting user account?
    « on: December 01, 2007, 11:06:36 AM »

hi guys,

can anyone tell me, if you delete a file i vista,i.e. right cliking, holding down shift and deleting,' are you certain you wish to permanently delete this file?'  does that mean that file is fuly gone from your computer or has vista, in all its wisdom, copied it and stored elsewhere as is its want?

and secondly, if i delete a user account from my laptop, and set up a new one, does everthing die with that old account or all files, saved documents and pics etc?  sometimes seems that would be the easiest way,,,,
       :-\

have so much junk everywhere laptop just want it clear, but dont want to rebuild as, 1) dont know how to!

and 2) is other users on it.

So i just deleted my user account and created a new one would all old stuff be gone?

Oh vista is tiring..................... :o

Cheers for any help

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: deleting a a file, or deleting user account?
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 03:29:12 PM »
    I take it the GF is still looking over your shoulder ? ?
    Shift+Delete deletes the file instead of sending it to the Recycle Bin...
    Removing a user account removes access to that account but may not neccessarily delete the data permanently...
    You may want to do a format and clean install of Windows and start again...

All data can be retrieved if the person is willing to spend the cash needed to do so.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "