Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: windows media player 11, library not responding  (Read 3742 times)

eddieluz

windows media player 11, library not responding
« on: December 12, 2007, 07:34:58 AM »
for some reason my copy of windows media player 11 is no longer responding to my commands when i try to add or remove songs to and from the player library.  The library already has songs  in it from not to long ago but i haven't tried to mess with it before 2 days ago in a long time.  The songs are on the computer but they wont play. When i click on them from the library i get a message saying they cant find the files as if the player is looking for them in an external HD.  Also when i try to add a folder for monitoring, the player accepts the commands but doesn't save them. when i go back into the player it is blank as if i don't have any folders set to be monitored. 

I have tried to delete the windows media player and re add it but my computer will not allow me to, stating that i don't have sufficient privileges to delete this file.(*censored*!!!!!)

My computer is part of the HP Pavilion dv9000 series. 9310 i believe. About 6 months old.

SPECS: (taken from DirectX Diagnostics)

AMD Turion(tm) 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-52 (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHZ
1918MB RAM-1024 of which was added after later
NVIDIA GeForce Go 6150
PhoenixBIOS 4.0 Release 6.1  (BIOS)

My OS is Windows Vista Home Premium (which i fear may be the root cause to all my computer issues)

Szpixman

Intermediate
    Re: windows media player 11, library not responding
    « Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 08:37:48 AM »
    Do you still have your music files stored in "My Music" or some other file?  I'm pretty sure if you don't, than Windows Media Library will just list them...I'm sure you have to have the files stored separately in order to access, play or change them.  Always find that library thing a bit confusing myself.

eddieluz

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 02:55:19 AM »
    I have the files stored in the "My Music". But Windows Media player wont acknowledge ANY file on my computer and i cant delete and reinstall the program.

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 02:54:12 PM »