Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HELP! Desktop turns on and restarts repeatedly, other turns on to black screen  (Read 3103 times)

cvocvo

Hi,
I'm having trouble with two of my desktops.
Desktop #1 Problem:
When all cords and such are plugged in, I press the power button. The desktop turns on for about 1-2 seconds and then restarts. The bios doesn't flash, the os doesn't boot. As far as I can tell the desktop restarts indefinitely. Any ideas what's going on here?
--Desktop Type: HP Pavilion a705W
I found someone with a similar problem here

Desktop #2 Problem:
I bought some 3M Dust Remover a few days ago. I disconnected power, along with everything else, from a desktop of mine. Pulled the cover off and started blowing the dust out of the case. I put everything back together, plugged it in, and the desktop doesn't work. It boots to a blank screen with the the power and hard drive led's stuck on, on the front of the desktop. The led on the back of the power supply turns on, I can hear the hard drive spin up, it detects the cd/dvd drives, floppy drive and then just hangs with the led's stuck on. Anyone have an idea what might be going on here?
--Desktop Type: Compaq Presario S4200NX

Thanks for the help, I'm hoping to get atleast one of these back online w/o buying a whole new desktop.
-Chris