Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Gaming Computer  (Read 4152 times)

Uilleam

Gaming Computer
« on: December 30, 2007, 06:46:23 PM »
How much does making your own good gaming computer cost? It doesn't need to be a super computer by the way. A computer that probably couldn't play Crysis but is still great for other games like Team Fortress 2. Thanks ^^

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Gaming Computer
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 04:34:26 AM »
It all depends how you define "good".
If you were to buy it pre-built, it'd cost a fair bit more than physically building it yourself.
Alternatively, you can have a custom-built PC - most manufacturers offer this - but again, actually buying and building your own components is usually the best option, if you can.
If you let us know a rough budget, what you need, and whether you are comfortable with building your own PC from scratch or jot, we can let you have some suggestions.

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 01:45:03 PM »
    You can make a good gaming pc for about 500 - 600 dollars.  It depends on the price of the parts and where you go to get them.
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

computern00b

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 11:16:54 AM »
    one site i can recommend anyone looking to upgrade in some way is Scan.co.uk (if you've not heard of it, and you live in the U.K).

Perfect Agent52

Hopeful
    • Give them nothing, but take from them everything
      « Reply #4 on: January 09, 2008, 09:37:18 AM »
      I bought a stock system with a good mobo to save me some bucks, and gutted it and put all new stuff in that I can play BF2142 at 60 fps and F.E.A.R. I got my system in my sig.
      HP Pavilion A6010n
      Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 1.80 ghz
      XFX Nvidia 7600gt PCI-E graphics card
      2 GB Kingston DDR2 SDRAM PC4200
      Antec 500W PSU

antidisestablishmentarian

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 08:53:29 AM »
      i built my computer for about 550... its pretty sweet.
      i baought a barbeone kit and bought all of the rest of my parts for it and built it myself. it is considerably cheaper.
      i got a machspeed viper mobo with an amd athlon 3500+ (overclocked hahait considerably faster than that now.)
      1 gig ddr dual channel
      250 rapto hd
      8600 gt xxx
      lots more
      its freakin fast... build it urself its cheaper...