Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my computer wont load........please help  (Read 3384 times)

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

my computer wont load........please help
    « on: December 31, 2007, 09:42:01 PM »
    Hello, umm im having trouble with my computer not loading when i turn it on. My bios was going a bit funny because i was looking around in there the other day and i went into CPU speeds and tried to change them around but it just wrecked my computer. I got help on here and some guy told me to remove this little battery thingy that was like on my mother board sumwhere and i did and it fixed the problem. But then the other day i tried to start my computer and it didnt start again, i tried removing that little battery again but this time it didnt work. now my screen,keyboard,and speakers wont load when i turn my computer on. if someone can help me id be really happy cause i kinda need it up and running soon.......thankyou

Broni

Mastermind
    • Kraków my love :)
      • Computer Help Forum
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: my computer wont load........please help
    « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 11:49:26 PM »
    Double post

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 12:39:27 AM »
      sorry i just wasnt sure which forums to put it in.......

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 04:17:20 AM »
        Not sure where the orginal post is but takeing out the CMOS battery won't fix it.  Put the Battery back in and wait a couple hours since it probably has to charge.  It keeps track of your settings an such like the clock thats why it keeps time even when its unpluged.  Look around the BIOS again if you can get it to boot there should be an area where you should be able to reseat the settings to how they were.
        Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2008, 05:17:57 AM »
          umm....i cant even get into the bios......when i start it up i can hear it start up normally but the keyboard, speakers, and screen wont load. so i cant really get into anything. I dont think its the battery that needs charging because i took the battery from my main computer and put it into the one im trying to fix and it didnt work....ill keep trying different things but if anyone has any ideas please help. ???

Thomas Bailey

Intermediate

• Experience: Beginner
            « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 07:44:04 AM »
            Try going into your BIOS again and set IDE settings for your Hard Drive to "user".
            You have to play with the BIOS settings to get yours to load the drives correctly. Have had similar prob. with mine. Of course this is risky business, but your comp. isn't working correctly anyway, so the BIOS is worth a try. Remember to write down your previous settings, before you change things. Always save and exit the BIOS each time. The BIOS is pretty rugged so spend some time trying this approach first or next.
            wolfrunner

squall_01

Prodigy

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2008, 10:55:49 AM »
              He said he couldn't get into the BIOS,  :o So hears something else to try take out the RAM and see if you don't get a beep.  If you do your motherboard is okay and it could be the CPU.   If not it mite be the problem.
              Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2008, 05:48:26 PM »
                yeah thats what i thought the problem could be and i really hope my motherboard isn't fried lol.........ill have to check it out.....