Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: in need of help-computer wont load  (Read 2707 times)

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

in need of help-computer wont load
    « on: December 31, 2007, 09:52:31 PM »
    Hello, umm im having trouble with my computer not loading when i turn it on. My bios was going a bit funny because i was looking around in there the other day and i went into CPU speeds and tried to change them around but it just wrecked my computer. I got help on here and some guy told me to remove this little battery thingy that was like on my mother board sumwhere and i did and it fixed the problem. But then the other day i tried to start my computer and it didnt start again, i tried removing that little battery again but this time it didnt work. now my screen,keyboard,and speakers wont load when i turn my computer on. if someone can help me id be really happy cause i kinda need it up and running soon.......thankyou

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: in need of help-computer wont load
    « Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 09:42:21 AM »
    Is the battery in properly ? ?
    It should be shiny side down.
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

jim

Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:24:02 AM »
      Yep..check the battery, and if it will let you back into bios...look for a "reset to default" section & use it. That will put everything back like it ought to be.
       If you can't do anything in bios..I know on some models if the battery is removed it wipes the bios out...has to be redone manually. Hope this isn't you're case, but if you have the manual it should tell you all the default settings.

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »
        arrgh well ok then, umm, i had this same problem the first time and when i removed it, it did work and it didnt wipe my bios but i tried putting the battery from this computer(which is alot newer than the one im trying to fix) into my older one and it didnt work......maybe it did wipe my bios this time........

jim

Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 04:42:54 AM »
          Are the batteries you swapped the same size? In voltage & mA I mean. Some are different in power rating & that could cause a problem too.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 07:00:22 AM »
          It doesn't wipe the BIOS...it resets the BIOS back to it's default settings which will correct any wrong changes you made.

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2008, 05:43:55 PM »
            lol my motherboard is probly screwd then.......ill have to test it out

patio

• Genius
            • Maud' Dib
              • Yes
            « Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 09:13:12 AM »
            You now have 2 threads going on this issue and we haven't even determined if it is in fact the MBoard...

I'll have to admit i've never seen someone LOL so much about a dead MBoard before.

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2008, 07:10:44 AM »
              Yeah i didnt know where to post it sorry, and well i think it could either be the mother-board or my vedio card because i havent heard it beeping or anything, im still trying to get my CPU out so i can see if it will beep but im having a bit of trouble removing the clips.
              « Last Edit: January 04, 2008, 07:31:33 AM by nibblit »

nibblit

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 06:01:31 PM »
                YAY.......i fixed it, i just went around the insides of if for a bit adjusting cables and giving it a clean and now the screen loaded up. I think i might just reset the bios settings just to be safe :P thankyou all for your help and sorry about the double post :S