Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Connecting  mike/headphones and speakers  (Read 10585 times)

Joni

Connecting  mike/headphones and speakers
« on: January 02, 2005, 07:47:47 PM »
Please be patient with me. I'm an old broad   :-/and learning about computers slowly. I have just installed a webcam so I can use it to communicate with friends and family. A mike and headphones were a bonus with the webcam. there are 2 plugs. I have a Soundblaster sound card(there are 5 plugins (  from the back-left they are black,green,pink, blue, yellow ) and have no clue as to where to plug in the mike and headphones with my audio speakers already plugged in. Would be grateful for any assistance.
Thank you.

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re:  Connecting  mike/headphones and speakers
    « Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 08:08:35 PM »
    Joni......I cant see the marking on the sound card but.....I think the Mic plugs into the red (pink) and you can plug your headset speakers into the green jack..thats the one that your desktop speakers plug into. I have two pcs and if I'm using the headset and mic I unplug my desktop speakers ( in the green socket ) and plug in the headset speakers.. ( look on the plugs on your headset ) and you will see a icon of a mic on one and a headset on the other ......If you look really closely at the plugs on your soundcard you should see the same icons as well......( use lots of light and your glasses )

let us know how you make out

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Joni

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2005, 10:25:30 PM »
    dl65

Thanks for the quick reply. I can do what you suggested.  Is there some way I can connect my audio speakers up without unplugging the headset? Anything to avoid crawling around under my desk...it's the getting up and down that is the problem ;)!

Thanks again...from another BCer!

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2005, 11:01:33 PM »
      Joni......Perhaps pull the tower out from under the desk and with a good light look at the sound card.......beside the coloured plugs ...there should be a icon or sketch etched into the metal beside each coloured plug.......
      You should see one that looks like a mike , another that looks like a headset and so on ......If you still have the booklet that came with the sound card .....it will tell you in there . If you can give me the specific model of the sound card ......I can look it up and be certain .........
      "it's the getting up and down that is the problem ! "
      The minds willing , but the body objects..........lol , I can relate to that.

dl65  ::)

If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.