Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 1 installation help  (Read 4540 times)

thepetuniabowl

Sims 1 installation help
« on: January 07, 2008, 05:53:00 AM »
I am getting incredibly frustrated!!!

I keep trying to install my Sims onto my new laptop - I manage to get all the way through all the updates I have (Sims Deluxe, House Party, Hot Date, Vacation, Unleashed and Makin Magic) and then if I play immediately it works ok, but if I exit and try to play again or if I don't play immediately, it keeps coming up with a message: It has come to our attention that you have installed another Sims expansion pack after The Sims Makin Magic((NOT TRUE)). For this to work properly, The Sims Makin Magic installer will now update your installation. Select OK to proceed. (only option is to press OK) Then the installshield wizard runs, and asks if I'd like to uninstall The Sims Makin Magic, which then actually uninstalls everything, and I'm back to square one. I have reinstalled and restarted more times than I'd care to admit, and would REALLy appreciate it if anyone had some advice, something I could try, or if they could even point out something incredibly obviously wrong that I am doing.......