Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: file sort  (Read 2719 times)

kipwin

file sort
« on: January 11, 2008, 07:58:12 PM »
Recently several programs that use the generic file open and save window changed. For years they displayed file names sorted alpha by name. Now they show them by date modified. I can click on the details button to have the option to sort them by name but that's kind of inconvenient as every new subdirectory requires that I do that. I tried changing it in the Windows Explorer by selecting folder options and getting the sort I wanted then telling it to change all folders to look like that one and to remember the look. Works for Explorer by not for the generic file open/save  window. There must be a default somewhere. Anybody have any idea? I'm Win 98 SE. it happens in various programs (e.g. adobe photoshop, dreamweaver)

Thanks,
kip

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: file sort
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »
several programs that use the generic file open and save window
What is generic file open and save window?

quaxo

Guru
    • Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Guru
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:26:12 PM »
I think he means the little window that opens when you open or save a file from most programs.

kipwin

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 05:09:04 PM »
that's the one. some programs (e.g ms word) use their own file open/save window while others use a common window.