Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows Explorer doesn't read the contents of my DVDRW Drives  (Read 2672 times)

avocatist

Windows Explorer doesn't read the contents of my DVDRW Drives
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
Windows Explorer will not recognize the media in my DVD drives (D&E Drives) but I can access the media by using the desktop shortcut for a game or using Windows Media Player to play music. When I try to copy music files to a CD using Roxio it doesn't see a default drive.(Doesn't see a blank CD) I checked the device mgr and it sees both drives with drivers. I tried to update the drivers but I get latest drives are loaded. The IDE ATA/ATAPI are DMA enabled for both drives.I downloaded the latest firmware from Liteon and loaded it. So I know the drives are good,the media is good the cable connections are good and the latest drivers are loaded. I did load SP@ for XP this past weekend. I had the DVD drive for 2 weeks and it worked prior to that. I requested Hot Fix KB322389 from Microsoft but I doubt if this is the answer since the SP was loaded. Help please

patio

• Genius
  • Maud' Dib
    • Yes
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: Windows Explorer doesn't read the contents of my DVDRW Drives
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 08:17:50 AM »
-Run regedt32.exe from the cmd screen.
-Find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D365-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
-Delete the Lowerfilters and Upperfilters lines from the right hand screen.
-Reboot.

Make sure you create a backup of your registry before making these changes.
" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "