Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Information "popup" doesn't appear- www.live.com- live image search  (Read 3323 times)

skippy

When I search images on the live search website, I could hover the mouse over a picture and it would jump into a small window with a white border- it would show information about the image- file size, name, dimensions.  This worked a few days ago.  Now when I hover the mouse, the popup type window doesn't appear- all I get is a small tag that appears and lists the file name.  Another nearby computer works fine- the window appears as I remember.  Both computers are running XP SP2.   Browser is Internet explorer 6, sp2.  I tried system restore to a date before the problem this week, but it didn't help.  Also deleted all cookies and temp internet files folder.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:11:04 AM by skippy »

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Information "popup" doesn't appear- live image search
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:40:21 AM »
When I search images on the live search website, ...
Exactly what website are you talking about? What's the URL?

skippy

Re: Information "popup" doesn't appear- www.live.com- live image search
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 08:09:32 AM »
Sorry- I'm referring to www.live.com- the former MSN search, I believe.  Click on the images tab.

What browser function makes this window appear?

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: Information "popup" doesn't appear- www.live.com- live image search
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 08:39:49 AM »
I'm using IE 7 and Firefox browsers.  I looked at www.live.com with both and did an images search with both.  Both browsers displayed the results fine, but IE does not show "information about the image- file size, name, dimensions."  Firefox does show that info. 

Now when I hover the mouse, the popup type window doesn't appear- all I get is a small tag that appears and lists the file name.
This is what I see in IE 7.  I also started my old Win 98SE computer, with IE 6, and viewed an images search results.  It worked the same, it only showed a small tag that appears and lists the file name.

If that other computer you mentioned is getting the "information about the image- file size, name, dimensions" with IE 6, I don't know what to tell you to get IE to do that.  So, all I can suggest is install Firefox.