Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Partitions  (Read 4603 times)

paul6077

Partitions
« on: January 09, 2005, 05:23:21 PM »
Does anyone know how to make partitions active? I am trying to use Ranish Partition Manager to create two partitions. I can do that but it doesn't tell you how to make them active. Any help? ???

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

Re: Partitions
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005, 01:29:09 AM »
     paul6077......I have never used Ranish Partition Manager ........but if you have created the partitions ...how about getting a Win 98 boot disk and loading it in A drive .......then run FDISK and select display partitions .........then choose set partitions active .........I have to believe that Ranish Partition Manager must have the option to set partitions as active. Have you looked in their help file ...there must be one .

let us know

dl65  ::)
    If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

paul6077

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 05:22:20 AM »
    Thanks for the reply. I looked at the help file and it doesn't tell you how to make partitions active. The Win 98 bootdisk let me make a partition active but only one. You have given me an idea that I'll try the next time . ;D

dl65

• R.I.P.

• Prodigy

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 12:36:43 PM »
      paul6077.......If you have installed win xp on the drive .....click start/control panel/administrative tools/computer management/Disk management/Action/All tasks/mark partition active ....

hope this helps

dl65  ::)
      If you don't know the answer, it isn't a dumb question.

Neil

Expert
      • Fear me Track. Noone can escape my wrath.
        « Reply #4 on: January 12, 2005, 03:27:53 PM »
        Is it only nessisary to set one partition as active?

Computer_Commando

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2005, 04:41:26 PM »
        Not possible to have more than one Active partition.  The Active partition is the one it will boot-up.  However, all bootable partitions must be Primary.

I used to use Ranish, but it's too easy to make a mistake from which you will never recover.  I now use PartitionMagic/BootMagic.