Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New HardDrive?  (Read 2094 times)

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

New HardDrive?
    « on: January 27, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »
    Okay, I know I need to replace my HardDrive since it was causeing problems.  It was a sata 6B300SO Maxtor.  What I want to know is if this drive will work with my pc.  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822144188  Heres the specs It's a Pentium 4 Socket 478, BioStar Board P4M80-M4, DDR RAM 1 GB, SATA Drives 160 GB 300 GB, HDA Digital X Mystique 7.1 Gold, Radeon X1300.  But the drive says 3.0 sata is there like differnt sata's? aka sata 1 sata 2...    Will I be able to use the drive?
    Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: New HardDrive?
    « Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 11:05:31 AM »
    Yes the drive will work...
    It will however drop to whatever SATA mode the MBoard supports.
    Check the MBoard info...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

squall_01

Topic Starter

Prodigy

Re: New HardDrive?
      « Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 01:35:46 PM »
      Okay just wanted to make sure it worked before I had got it.
      Windows 7 RC Tester.  Working on it.  Your monitor says etchasketch on the side!

If I fall who is there to pick me up now.  I stand alone but I stand as the gaurdian for whom I wish to protect.  The sound of my blade utters my name as you fall.  For I shall not move.  For those that forsake the very people are wosres