Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: every browser window opens except my yahoo home page  (Read 4009 times)

jimymac

every browser window opens except my yahoo home page
« on: January 27, 2008, 03:24:32 PM »
the last few days I have tried to open my own yahoo web page and all i get is "The page cannot be displayed", so Im thinking its yahoos fault so i pull out my laptop and I get my home page, so its my computer..
now all my security and ad prevention that i have on my laptop I have exactly on my computer, so I shut down my virus protection, admuncher and spyware dr on my desktop  and still no home page, i can get yahoos home page ,i can get my yahoo mail page just not the home page, what else could it be?
thank you for any help you can give me, also every other web page loads perfectly
I have windows xp and browser IE 6.0 and I am using att dsl also the problem started about one week ago, I also regulary update my computer, there is not one single page that i cannot open except that page, and no other oddities are happening with my computer

UPDATE::: I disconnected my wireless system and went directly from my computer to my modem and the page appeared, so what on my wireless system would prevent me from receiving this page?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 04:07:03 PM by jimymac »

Broni

Mastermind
  • Kraków my love :)
    • Computer Help Forum
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: every browser window opens except my yahoo home page
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 09:39:11 PM »
Try Firefox to see, if same thing will happen.

soybean

Genius
  • The first soybean ever to learn the computer.
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Experienced
Re: every browser window opens except my yahoo home page
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 11:35:58 AM »
Can you clarify one point?  You said, "i can get yahoos home page", which seems to contradict your title.  Do you mean you want to set a certain Yahoo! page, other than www.yahoo.com, as your home page?